Calm Breeze

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Daddy was the "SPECIAL" guest!

Last week Elizabeth's preschool teacher asked for volunteers to read to the class, I signed up thinking that it would be SO fun to come and read to the 3 year olds. The day before we were signed up to read, I asked Elizabeth who she wanted to come and she said QUICKLY and without HESITATION, "My daddy, do it!" So, it was settled, Tyler would come home and go to her school on his lunch break and read.
Elizabeth was so excited and so was I!! I think it is so awesome when dads get involved, and even better when Tyler does it. I tagged along with Tyler so that I could snap some pictures and so that I wasn't completely left out of ALL the fun!
Tyler read 2 books; 1) Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom! & 2) Clifford the BIG Red Dog. Both were big hits with the kids. In fact Elizabeth's teacher said that was the quietest the kids had been ALL day! After story time we enjoyed snack time with Elizabeth's class: applesauce, pretzels, and water. Yum! ;)
Finally it was time to go home and since the kids had been studying the letter "C" that week Ms. Rava (Elizabeth's teacher) made each child Clifford the BIG Red Dog ears & a nose! We are so proud of Elizabeth and the growth she is making in school!

Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom!
Will there be enough room for all of the letters?


Clifford the BIG Red Dog... Elizabeth likes these books and
show because the Clifford's owners name is Emily "Elizabeth"!

Elizabeth the BIG Red Girl/Dog!


Saxon & Elizabeth howled the whole drive home!

1 comment: