Calm Breeze

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First Day of 3K!

First Day of 3K!

This morning Ms. Priss started 3K... she has been looking forward to going to school since T.J. started! She was so excited she didn't even want a special breakfast, and she barely touched her cereal. On the drive to school she talked non-stop (don't know where she gets it from?) about what she was going to do, and what she was going to play with. I felt a great peace inside knowing that she was excited and that we had made the right choice to put her in school. When we walked into the classroom another side of Elizabeth came out... the shy side (I know! Hard to believe!!). She wouldn't talk much or make eye contact with the other kids or her teacher, but finally the dreaded time to go came, and she got a little panicky. I reassured her that I would be back and that she would LOVE school. She waved goodbye without even a single glance back to me! Whew! When I went to pick her up I took Tyler with me and she was so excited! She talked about how fun school was and that she gets to come again tomorrow. Cutie patootie! We capped off her 1st day of school with lunch at Chick-fil-a with one of her classmates Mr. Saxon, and then a playdate at Saxon's house... I think we better watch those two! ;)

Hangin' with Saxon!

No comments:

Post a Comment