Calm Breeze

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Typhoid T.J.


So when T.J. was just a little guy he was ALWAYS sick, or so it seemed! He just couldn't catch a break, but what he could catch was every stinking little bug. We use to tease that his name was "Typhoid T.J." because no matter what we did he was always sick. It was frustrating, and so he finally had surgery! He had tubes put in his ears that fell out 2 years later, adenoids removed twice (did you know they could grow back?), and his tonsils removed! After those 2 surgeries he was WELL and it was amazing! It seemed like the Gods were smiling on us for a while, then we got here to Mississippi and he hasn't been "sick" per say, but he has been picking up things that are contagious! Like Molluscum Contagiosum (google it people!). It showed up on his upper right buttocks/thigh area (which is why I don't have a pic of it to share) and at first glance I thought it was chicken pox. My sweet friend Tiffany, diagnosed it for me and after I took a trip to the medical clinic here they confirmed Dr. Tiffany's diagnosis! The stinky part about Molluscum is that it is contagious and it can last up to 18 months! BOO! We are in the process of dealing with it and it seems to be under control and we haven't, knock on wood-- someone find me some REAL wood please, seen it spread to anyone else or any other part of his body! Next issue we are having is Ring Worm! Ick! When I was a little girl I had ringworm once! I thought it was a REAL worm living in my skin, but now that I am a grown up I just know it is a fungus that is gross and contagious! We have been treating it now for 2 weeks and it is looking better but we were told it could take up to 6 weeks to fully treat it! DOUBLE BOO! So, folks he is cute and sweet and oh so huggable, but beware his laugh isn't the only "Infectious" part about him! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment