Calm Breeze

Thursday, August 4, 2011

First Day of School 2011


First Day of School 2011!

Today was T.J.'s first day of 1st grade! He was so excited this morning. He woke up around 7:00am (mind you school doesn't start until 8:40am & it takes him 10-12 minutes to get from our house to school!). He was already dressed and ready to roll. I made him his favorite breakfast: pancakes & strawberries! He must have been nervous or excited because he only ate half. I thought I would drive him to school today but when we opened the garage door our neighbors were on their way to school and T.J. wanted to walk with them. So he jumped on his bike and I put Elizabeth in the stroller. He was so excited that I was only able to snap one (1) quick photo before we headed off. In true Mississippi fashion it was VERY humid, and so before we got to the end of the street I am sure I looked as if I had just taken a shower, YUCK! I walked him into school and he seemed slightly nervous/ but mostly excited! His teacher had a worksheet out for each kid and he started on his immediately! I was barely able to get a quick smooch (for fear of embarrassment) and then I left my sweet boy at school! As I walked away I thought of the sweet little boy who use to get into so much mischief and how he has grown to be such a smart and sweet little boy. He is truly a blessing in our home! I love my T.J.-man!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment